For every business, keeping their customers happy has become the foremost priority.
To do so, you need access to the right set of tools to offer the best customer support to your customers round the clock.
One such tool which will help you to streamline the customer support process is Help Desk Software.
It doesn’t matter whether you are a small or large business; when your customer base starts growing, it will become hard for you to keep a tab on every customer inquiry.
Thus, offering excellent customer support will become the biggest challenge for you.
To resolve the challenges and reap the benefits, you need to carefully choose the help desk software based on your requirements, customer base, budget, and goals.
Poor customer service software has the potential to ruin your customer’s experience completely. No need to worry, we are here to help you make the right selection.
Before jumping to our main topic, let’s first understand why you need help desk software and what it is?
Also, don’t forget to check the excellent help desk software mentioned at the end of this article.
Why do you need HelpDesk Software?
Compared to earlier times, the customer support nowadays offered by companies and brands has become more hyperactive.
Now, the customers have numerous options to reach out to the company and share their problems.
Some customers prefer to use email, calling, live chat option, chatbots, social media, and contact forms.
To manage all these requests from the customers, you can collect, manage and resolve them at one place called Help Desk Software.
It means you need not get puzzled while answering and quickly respond to each on time.
Are you still questioning yourself and wondering if I need customer support software?
If it is so, then pose yourself few questions like:
Do the number of requests from customers is increasing day by day?
Are you unable to respond to every customer query on time?
Is your sales team unable to meet their goals and working real slow?
Do you see no growth in productivity despite following every measure and putting in many efforts?
If your answer to all the above questions is YES, then that means you need HELP. By help, we mean Help desk software.
Overall, excellent help desk software helps to:
- Boost the sales team’s productivity
- Eradicate the need to work manually
- Saves time
- Promotes smooth communication between the customer and the company anytime without any obstacle.
Now let’s shift our focus to different types of help desk software available which you can use.
Pick the one which matches your requirements, is reliable and affordable as well.
Different Types of Help Desk Software
Cloud-Based Help Desk Software
A cloud-based help desk works as a Software as a Service (Saas). This type of customer support software is hosted on the server-side of the vendor.
Using the concept of cloud computing, you can easily offer quick customer support.
Moreover, using a cloud-based one is far easier than the other helpdesk software alternatives available.
No hassle of installing any software on your end. Just log in to the website and enjoy all the features of customer service software at your fingertips.
As it is cloud-based, it means your support team can access it anytime from anywhere in the world.
All you need is a laptop, desktop, or smartphone with a strong, stable internet connection.
The companies can get access to the software by paying on a monthly or annual basis.
To leverage this type of help desk, you need to have a thorough understanding of the software, like running, managing, performing actions, etc.
These web help desks are immensely popular among medium or small businesses that don’t have an in-house customer support team.
- Quite easy to set up, manage and maintain
- No need to be a technical expert when you are just starting to use the software
- Higher scalability and boosts growth in different ways
- Helps your support team members to work from anywhere
- Easily upgrade the subscription if the number of queries has increased
- Risk of a data breach
- Wait for the vendor to resolve the issues occurring
- Need of stable internet connection every time
Open-Source Help Desk Software
An open-source help desk software is also a great option. The developers can access the source code directly without paying for it.
It means it’s free to use for any company looking for help desk software. No need to get any user license or permission to start using the source code.
You can customize or enhance the open source help desk software according to your requirements.
The developers can improve the integration ability, add more features, fix the errors, and update it from time to time.
It’s up to the company to which level they can enhance the working of open source help desk software.
In addition, if your company is short of budget and cannot afford paid software, then open source is the best helpdesk software alternative.
This software is best suitable for companies with skilled developers and IT departments who can manage to work on such type of software.
- Free of cost
- Minimum limitations
- Can be customized according to requirements
- Enjoy community updates and advice to improve its working
- Sky’s the limit when it comes to making it more secure, stable and functionality-rich
- Not always free
- Developers can ask to pay for add-ons, support services, and more
- Skilled staff needed to customize the software as per needs
- Not highly secure
- Less safe and unreliable
- Dependence on your own technical team, if in case some issue occurs.
Enterprise Help Desk Software
This software is best suitable for large companies as they have different departments to offer different types of support.
Thus using enterprise-level help desk software, companies can constantly offer support and assistance.
As a result, it not only helps in addressing customer issues but also boost the overall efficiency of the company.
- Best for large companies
- One-stop for solving inside the office and customers issues
- Round the clock support
- Helps in strengthening communication between different departments
- Contains many flexible features
- Quite expensive
- Adding more functionalities can make using the software more complex, so you need thorough technical training to use it.
- Might need dedicated account manager help to learn to use all the features
Self-Hosted Help Desk Software
Also called the on-premise help desk is licensed software that you can purchase and then use. In other words, the companies can purchase the software’s license and then host it on their servers. This is why it is called self-hosted help desk software.
Setting up the software on your server involves a one-time fee. Later, the company owner has the authority to give access or refrain someone from accessing the software.
For any upgrade needed, you have to pay separate fees for that and the same for the technical support from the provider.
- High security and full control of data
- Customized according to the needs of the business compared to other help desk alternatives
- Best for those companies who handle sensitive data
- Required maintaining the in-house IT team and servers
- Many investments
- Need to follow best security measures
- Huge capital is needed to purchase the server
- Lacks scalability like the cloud-based helpdesk
Here is Your Dream Help Desk, Which Can Solve All Your Problems In A Jiffy
An optimal helpdesk can bridge the gap between poor customer support and communication. It can make the whole process of dealing with customers easier and streamlined.
One such cloud-based help desk is Teleduce which is the perfect solution to the customer’s issues you are facing. Teleduce is made with love so you can keep both your customers and employees happy and satisfied all the time.
With the help of powerful integration and seamless business workflow, you will have access to every feature at your fingertips. It is also one of the best zendesk alternatives.
Currently, many industries and companies lay their full trust in Teleduce, just like you. They love what Teleduce sales CRM has got for them.
Do you want a Teleduce Customer Support Software demo?
We are eagerly waiting to serve you. So get started with one of the best customer support software, starting at as low as Rs 699.
SPEED UP YOUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT OPERATIONS TODAY